Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail needs a "Forward entire thread" feature. Are you with me?

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, September 28, 2005
18 years ago

I was just having an interesting conversation on a mailing list, and I wanted to forward it to a friend. The easiest way is to just send it to them in an e-mail. Gmail already detects new text in a message, so why not a "Forward entire thread" feature that put all the messages in a single e-mail and dashed it off.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

There's a feature where you can open the whole thread in Gmail for easy printing; I suppose you could abuse this dialog and simply copy & paste the print preview into a new email.

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

That's a pretty good hack, Philipp. Since Gmail does that nice html copy/pasting it works out well. Still, we should prod big brother a bit harder on this one ;)

Michael Lee [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

gmail definitely needs that feature...

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I have had many times where I wanted to forward a whole thread! you have my vote... And Mr Lenssen... Great thinking! I think thatll be my new "until it is available" fix!

Another thing that I would like is to be able to have your signature displayed before the quoted text. if it is after, many people may not see it.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!