Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Skype Virus - Send Messages to Contact List

Suresh S [PersonRank 10]

Monday, September 10, 2007
16 years ago16,107 views

It would seem that there is currently a virus/trojan being disseminated via Skype. It is sent as a link to a picture on the internet, if you receive any links in Skype please confirm that it was intentionally sent by that contact and that it is genuine before proceeding to open any files.
The message will point to a server called fakeme.com and will appear to point to a picture.

[4:07:57 PM] skypeuser says: how are u ?
[4:08:09 PM] skypeuser says: where I put ur photo
[4:08:14 PM] skypeuser says: haha lol
[4:08:17 PM] skypeuser says: h**p://www.fakme.org/erotic-gallerys/usr5d8c/dsc027.jpg
[4:08:29 PM] skypeuser says: what ur friend name wich is in photo ?

1.) start > run >cmd
than type and press enter in the black screen
taskkill /f /im skype.exe
taskkill /f /im wndrivs32.exe
taskkill /f /im mshtmldat32.exe

after stopping processes, try to locate the file specified.

2) Go to start
than search
than select search for all files and folder
and searche for
wndrivs32.exe
mshtmldat32.exe
mshtmldat32.exe
WNDRIVS32.EXE-2F91B010.pf

Jenss De Walka [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

My mates PC had cought skype virus!!! So i was searching thrue i-net to find solution, – I found – i downloaded RegCure 1.5.0.0 + crack :D So i cleaned registry – seems to work, problem solved – later on i fount this – exactlly matching my problem, and exactly same kind of solution

---:" After being run the worm displays an image, usually "Soap Bubbles". This image is a part of the Windows OS (wallpaper), according to F-Secure. The worm then installs itself to the system and creates several startup keys for itself in the Registry. When active, the worm sends messages to all Skype Contacts of the infected computer's user."

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Pidgin FTW! Still waiting for voice and video support though...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!