Forum

Google Your Religion?

Suncrafter [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, September 25, 2007
16 years ago10,962 views

Wanted to share this with y'all -

"Google Your Religion"
http://www.orcmagazine.com/Google_Your_Race/Religion.html

A concise collection of religious stereotypes generated with the help of Google. Evidently from the same people who brought you "Google Your Race".

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I was wondering the other day, "Can I create my own religion legally?"

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Haochi: Depends where you live...

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

A religion is just a set of believes (some people would add "with no evidence of truth") so yes you could set up a religion just by believing something different to everyone else :D

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I believe that mathematics were sent to earth by The Evil One, and that performing mathamatics in organised groups is a form of Evil and that you will be sent to The Under Realm for doing such activities.

Therefore followers are exemps from maths classes. ;-)

16 years ago #

<<agnostics are known for their intolerance and bigotry>>
Thanks google.

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Forget religion... how do I set up my own country?

16 years ago #

You are free to declare any land you want a country of it's own but then you have to see how many countrys recognise it

Keith Chan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Ha ... we could recognize our only Googleland.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Keith
You mean Google hasn't acquired the whole planet yet? :D

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

> You are free to declare any land you want a country
> of it's own but then you have to see how many countrys
> recognise it

So you need other countries to recognize it, but who decides which of these other countries are really a country? (So that they truly have "recognizing" authority?)

Say, I have 20 friends and they all set up their own country, and then we cross-recognize each other (you get it, like a linkfarm to fool Google PageRank :)), would that mean my country is recognized now?

16 years ago #

Only if the all the countrys are recognised before they recognise others.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

OK James, question: how was the first country (in history) ever recognized then?

J. McNair [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

1. You don't need *all* the other countries to recognize your new country, just enough of them to stop others from denying your country's right to exist. Taiwan, for example.

2. I propose that the *first* country learned to recognize itself either through conflict or cooperation with another country. Of course, in this case, they were probably "tribes" at best, with tribal land and resources.

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Philipp

Sorry, unlike some people I'm unable to travel back hundreds maybe thousands of years to ask. Unforunately I'm stuck at my computer checking this blog every 30 mins ;-)

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

What's the minimum size for a country? Could I set up a 10cm*10cm area in my garden and call it a country? Or for that matter several 10*10 areas and get them to recognize each other?

P.S. Woo! We're on the Homepage!

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Google Google

Search query: "Google is..."

Returns:
"Google is scary."
"Google is on crack..."
"Google Is Too Powerful?"
"Google is much ahead of its competitors in vision and strategy."
"Google is setting themselves up to provide full virtual computing over the web."
On the first page of results.

*** i omitted Irrelevant statements

16 years ago #

<<What's the minimum size for a country? Could I set up a 10cm*10cm area in my garden and call it a country? Or for that matter several 10*10 areas and get them to recognize each other>>

dIDN'T YOU SEE THAT EPISODE OF fAMILY gUY? :-)

16 years ago #

Ah crap! I didn't notice Cap-Locks, soory!

Rohit Srivastwa [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Creating own country? You need a land to do that (even 10*10 will do), to show your presence.
Then if there is land, which country currently OWNS it?

Is that country ready to let go of that land, that means that country recognizes your country. If one of the country does, slowly everyone will start to do the same.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Why do I get this feeling the government will just laugh at me when 10 squares of my garden try to claim independence?

OK then, if I buy a field near sea level, then global warming causes that land to become part of the sea do I own that part of the sea?

[put at-character here]James
Na I don't watch it

16 years ago #

Well you should

Guy Weston [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Danny Wallace, a British comedian tried to start his own country, with some success. I think he got Austria to sponsor his application to join the UN, or something like that.

Take a look at the info on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to_Start_Your_Own_Country

David McAllister [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

There are a few web pages where you can register online to becomea minister, for free. One site is www.goaliemaskandangelwings.com. There are a few sites where you can register a non-profit. I think you could, realitistically, start your own church for less than $100.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Wait so that Wiki Page is saying the only thing holding him back was the lack of land? I may have to Downloa.... err I mean buy the DVD to investigate :D

16 years ago #

XD! "A man after me own harte"

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!