Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Is Co-Op being phased out?

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, October 3, 2007
16 years ago2,683 views

The Co-op listing has been replaced by one of the "features" within Co-op, Custom Search...

http://www.google.com/intl/en/options/index.html

It's got a new icon, as well.

Do you think that Google Co-op has not seen much success, and they will fully depart Custom Search into a separate product.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

They still update a page they don't even link to any more? (I mean the US "More" page) What's the point?

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Co-Op is still not as useful as it could be and probably is worth phasing out. Although it does pose an interesting concept that could be adapted.

Personally I think CSE should be seperate from CoOp as they aren't really related that much (other than by search).

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Co-op was renamed in Google Accounts a few weeks ago to "Subscribed Links". I think this shows their shift in focus – i.e. instead of asking people to contribute to the content, they now just want people to subscribe to the content.

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

<< Co-op was renamed in Google Accounts a few weeks ago to "Subscribed Links". >>

I thought it had always been named as "subscribed links"...

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Nope. They always labelled it "Subscribed Links" in the SERP but still called the service Google Co-op in the Google Accounts page and login page.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!