Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google & Creative Commons

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, October 9, 2007
16 years ago2,256 views

I saw that this page was under a CC license "unless otherwise noted": http://code.google.com/edu/

and there reads "©2007 Google" below that... so what does that copyright apply to?

I'm glad to see Google using Creative Commons, and i'd like to see them apply it to more of their content. And rumors are going around that Google will be releasing their own licensed for open source? That will be interesting. I'll be able to comment more on that if it actually happens.

Anyways, Google still doesn't give users the option to apply a creative commons license to their own work on blogs, picasa web albums, or anything. You can search for creative commons work with Google Web Search but not Images or anything else (that i know of. I might be wrong here).

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

> and there reads "©2007 Google" below that... so what does
> that copyright apply to?

Guess they meant to CC license all of these pages, but their template footer created this weird situation...

By the way, why don't they share their slides as Google Presentations, but use PPT instead?

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Also a great point! Or at least use .odp

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!