Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Memorial Day Google Logo Contest  (View post)

Peter [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, October 9, 2007
16 years ago4,056 views

Worldnetdaily? classy bunch over there. great ideas, too. fascists.

Sour Grapes [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Why do some people have trouble grasping the idea that the Internet is not American?

How can you take down the frontiers, then carry on being patriotic? The whole idea of <em>patria</em> is completely overtaken by events.

Mysterius [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Sour Grapes: Probably something to do with how most websites don't bother to set up a special "US" portal, as other countries have, which means the default ".com" becomes American...

Anyways, I think Google should have to freedom to choose what they want to celebrate with their logo. Perhaps they could switch it up every year, so that one year they celebrate Memorial Day, another year they have Veterans Day, but not each holiday every year.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

They don't have enough money to pay artists for that kind of thing

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

well ... hello? they didn't put anything for Argentina's independence day, and I won't like to see american patriotic holidays I don't even know if they don't care about my country at least one day too!
But if they start celebrating every important day, then the logo will change every day. It's better when it's on special worldwide celebrations, rather than local patriotic days. The sputnik wasn't a celebration of communism, but a celebration of the first succesful artificial satellite...

mister scruff [PersonRank 3]

16 years ago #

"since the company’s inception in 1999, it also has ignored Christmas"

errr.. wrong. there's been a "seasons greetings" or "happy holidays" logo for christmas each and every year...

http://www.google.com/holidaylogos04.html

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Maybe they're referring to christmas specifically e.g. birth of Jesus Christ, Santa Claus, Xmas trees....?

mister scruff [PersonRank 3]

16 years ago #

true. dont think i've come across even a Santa Claus google doodle , let alone a Christian one.

thats odd. what's wrong with Santa Claus?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!