Google Blogoscoped

Forum

iGoogle 4 column bug

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, October 20, 2007
16 years ago4,524 views

I've been using the 4 column layout since it was released, but it's suddenly just started messing up on me!

Everything I want something in the fourth column, it keeps switching back to the first column whenever i leave and come back to the iGoogle homepage! It's really annoying.

How is it for everybody else?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Same here.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

The bug was fixed a few days ago and it seems to be back again.

Henk Pieter Berkman [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

http://groups.google.com/group/Google_Web_Search_Help-Personalizing/browse_thread/thread/2a163de6ae300329/d193218fd4aea69b?lnk=raot#d193218fd4aea69b

take a look at the link above for up to date info
they're still trying to fix this bug
when they have a solution Jaime or Cameron (Google guides) will let you know over there

Henk Pieter Berkman [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

They're still working on it, see this thread (scroll down to Oct 29)
http://groups.google.com/group/Google_Web_Search_Help-Personalizing/browse_thread/thread/ddf3c62d5c50a104

Tony HIll [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

[Moved from "iGoogle 4 columns" – Tony]

This is broken but nobody tells me when it will get fixed. In the meantime Google pretends its ok and leaves the option in the edit tab menu

BrianS [PersonRank 7]

16 years ago #

This has been frustrating me for a long time as well. I submitted a problem to the google support team. They responded telling me they were aware of the problem and engineers were looking into it. Unfortunately that was about 2 weeks ago and I haven't seen any updates yet.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Presumably the iGoogle developers have been focused on the new themes and thus this bug has gone all but unfixed among other bugs that currently exist in iGoogle.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!