Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Adsense stats all screwed up?

pokemo [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, October 23, 2007
16 years ago4,038 views

Channel statistics don't match the overall stats. Are you having the same problem?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I heard reports of this too via email...

pokemo [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

thanks for the note....

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Mine are at $0, so they're pretty consistent. But there may be a delay for some of the channels, so the data may be temporarily inaccurate.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

One of my ads has two channels, neither of which is used anywhere else. The stats for each channel are different, though they should be identical.

There have always been minor discrepancies like this, but for the past two weeks it seems to have been worse.

Tim Blake [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Some of my channels report small earnings, but the big earnings are not assigned to a channel. It makes Adwords hard to adjust and the earnings reports are confusing as can be. We have 40 websites and quite a few active (in theory) channels. Glad to see others are having the same issue, I think.

Ricardo [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Same problem over here, it started this morning and still hasn't been fixed.

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I can confirm this. I separate a couple of my channels to specific web sites and there's an order of magnitude difference between the Analytics hits and the Adsense impressions.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

All of my channels are now showing zero clicks except for the URL channels. Earnings are also lower than usual although that may just be coincidence.

alek [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Ditto what others said – daily totals look about right – channel data is about an order of magnitude less.

Zoran [PersonRank 3]

16 years ago #

I have the same problem, yesterday CET tracking channel data stopped only "URL" channel data works, and today none of channels show up.

Zoran [PersonRank 3]

16 years ago #

Sorry, just to add one general notice, but I had to see TOS first, well also my global ECPm dropped for almost 40% for the same traffic and just a bit smaller CTR (sites have decent number of page views so it should not be strange but possible statistical underscore)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Google says they now resolved the issue and work on bringing back missing data:

<<Over the past few days, some publishers let us know that they were unable to view any data for their custom channels. Our engineers have now resolved the issue, and they're currently working on including the missing data from the past few days. Your custom channels should now be tracking data as normal. Please be assured that your aggregate reports, which are used to calculate payments, have not been affected.>>
http://adsense.blogspot.com/2007/10/custom-channels-up-and-running-again.html

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!