Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google is organizing less than 0.02% of the world's information

justinf [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, November 7, 2007
16 years ago3,032 views

interesting article – and it shows that Google is barely scratching the surface as to the true level of information out there in the real world...

http://www.knowledgebid.com/media/blog/google-225b-and-02-percent/#comment-5

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

can you really put a value on how much information exists? I'd say they organize 0.0[googol]02% of the worlds information...if you can say that information is finite

Ben Allen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Google will always be playing catch up. The only thing it can do is shorten the gap between fresh and organized.

If that makes sense..

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I think it does Ben.

Hey, new logo Ben!
Congrats! :)

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Can Google organize the information that's in my head? It's all over the place :D

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I'm still waiting for the Google Calendar that automatically adds items when people tell me (like on Gmail). I can't remember everything in my head.

And maybe Google Notebook while they are at it.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Standard Google fanboy answer: The other 99.98% are splogs, duplicates, websites that sell links, and _____ (add your own here).

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

The other 99.98% are splogs, duplicates, websites that sell links, and malware!!
GOOGL' RULEZ!!! YAY!

(ok, ok ... but at least look the good thing about this: that 0.2% is so ****** well organized and it looks pretty)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!