Google Blogoscoped

Forum

New Gmail features?!

Basil [PersonRank 0]

Sunday, October 16, 2005
18 years ago

So I know that sometimes new Gmail features take a while to percolate through all users, but how long does this usually take? My dad (who got his account months after me) already has had the auto-save and export contacts features for a couple of weeks but I am still languishing in a world where emails don't auto save and I am locked into Gmail's contacts. I feel like I'm living in the past ;-) Has everyone got it 'cept me?

Usman Tilly [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I didn't use to have Auto-save or the other new features but then someone in this forum suggested that i change the language to English (US). That seems to have done the trick.

I think it takes a while for them to translate the stuff and release it for new features. However, US users get it first. Check wot language u have set in your settings.

Basil [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Holy crap that worked! I had it set as English (UK), which shouldn't be that hard to translate... Not sure if I have autosave or not, but the export contacts option is definitely there. Thanks for your help Usman!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!