Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Accounts causin IE7 to become confused

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, November 27, 2007
16 years ago2,659 views

We currently have an issue at school in that if anyone logs into a Google account that gets redirected to a service on a different (sub)domain (eg google.com/accounts -> mail.google.com) that IE7 window has a DNS issue in that it does not correctly request pages.

For example, if I visit Blogoscoped, I see Philipp's Blog Feed Fetcher which is presumably run by cron. In fact, most websites have issues with it (including other Google services).

The current only fix is to restart IE7, which is a bit of a nuisance if someone sends you a link to a webpage via Gmail.

I haven't experienced this on any other websites on school computers, and we can't use Firefox but I'm wondering is there any setting in IE7 I may be able to get the technicians fix. We didn't have this issue till the school upgraded from IE6.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Ouch, missed the "g" from the title, could a mod correct please?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Are they also now using a proxy server? In my limited experience, they can appear to cause issues like this with DNS.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

> For example, if I visit Blogoscoped, I see
> Philipp's Blog Feed Fetcher which is presumably
> run by cron.

That's a file annoyingly created by my server which I delete every now and then automatically, as my server support won't tell me how to actually fix it :) (it's the IP of the server as it won't resolve to a specific domain/ folder).

/pd [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

dang .. it surely causes some issue with IE7 and Adobe and this page :)-

http://slash.pd.googlepages.com/confused.jpg

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!