Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[OT] Looking For A Graphic Tablet

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, November 29, 2007
16 years ago2,692 views

I'm getting a graphic tablet, that much is definite, but after reading a bit about them, i want one that you can put a picture into so you can trace it, does anyone know of a model that does this?

from: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/aboutgraphics/a/graphicstablets_2.htm

<<Some tablets have a transparent overlay on the the surface that can be lifted up to slide a photo or piece of artwork underneath for tracing.>>

Also I heard wacom is good, and I like their Cintiq range because it looks good, and you can tilt the pen, but as I've yet to find prices (im lazy and it's late) I'm guessing it's expensive, is there another cheaper one with similar features,

Thanks to anyone who helps out (while I sleep :D)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I have a Wacom tablet which has that feature. The model number on the back says FT-0405-U0B. The Cintiq is terrific I guess but yeah very expensive.

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I have a Genius MousePen, it works fine but Wacom tablets are better.
TIP: the tablet's pen doesn't need direct contact with the surface. If you want to trace a drawing, simply put the drawing over the tablet area and trace it. My genius tablet receives the pen movement when it's over 5mm or less near the surface. I'm able to trace magazine drawings. And I don't need to put it under the transparent overlay.
One thing is sure, if you never used one, you'll be surprised the way they work!!!!
First ten minutes you think you are Harry Potter.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!