Google Blogoscoped

Forum

What features do you expect from Google SpreadSheet?

Suresh S [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, December 4, 2007
16 years ago3,529 views

I will start the thread

"Macros and Database Connectivity" is lacking in Google SpreadSheet.if they come up with good Macro syntax (rather than microsoft style) they can capture all the markets. as the macro's are mostly used in Govt schools and colleges.

awaiting other's comments.

Tue Abrahamsen [PersonRank 7]

16 years ago #

Speed! Google Spreadsheets are painfully slow for me. Macros could be cool as well, but is a rather big project. And with the current speed, it be a pain in the backside to program macros.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Is there any way to have a certain column contain the row creation date? Here's my "user story": I have some tax spreadsheet with income and revenues calculations. Whenever I add a new row – e.g. "I spend $50 here and there" then I would like the date row to automatically take today's date, unless I overwrite it.

Also, for this spreadsheet I'd like to have automatic USD to EUR conversion, so I have two rows and one row should always show the conversion according to today's rates. Though perhaps this one can be scripted by using a lookup to Google via the XML wrapper function, and then polling for "X USD in EUR" (but there's a limit of 50 of these lookups, I believe).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!