Google Blogoscoped

Forum

My googlepages is disabled

Avrohom Eliezer Friedman (AEF) [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, December 13, 2007
16 years ago2,521 views

The business I work at depends on this. I'm in charge of the pages. We use them mostly for hosting pictures for E-mails and PDF files. anybody know how to get this back? – I emailed them – didn't even get a auto-reply.

http://aefreedy.googlepages.com/error.jpg
(pic hosted at a different googlepages name on the same account.)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

What kind of content was on those pages, can you imagine that anything might have been against Google's ToS?

16 years ago #

No – it's mostly pictures and fliers that we own – that we embedded in e-mails or PDF's that we link to in e-mails

I just was thinking as I type – maybe it's because someone or someones flagged the e-mail as spam so it shut down the site where the embedded objects are located – but from the statistics from Constant Contact (our e-mail service) over the last few months i sent out about 20,000 e-mails and been marked spam only 2 times – that's darn good statistics

I haven't recieved any response at all from Google :(

16 years ago #

As I was writing a post for the Google Group for Pages I got an E-mail stating I've been restored. Thank G-D.

They said "Thank you for your email. We have re-enabled your Google Page Creator site. Your site was disabled for being reported as spam by our users. Please take a moment to look over our Terms of Service to ensure that your page isn't disabled anytime in the near future. You may find our Terms of Service at the following link: http://pages.google.com/-/terms_of_use.html"

I don't know – all I could say is that it took way too long.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!