Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Mean Captcha

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, January 2, 2008
16 years ago4,043 views

http://blogoscoped.com/files/mean-captcha.jpg

(Sent in by Philippe Charles, who says he had to unlock his Google account after he required the password reminder too often. "Going back to Google Talk Client, I entered the new password and I got that ... That's pretty funny but I can't go on and have to wait...")

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I've had this numerous times, including on the "We think you're a robot" page, its incredibly annoying not being about to use Google search when the issue occurs – mainly because I end up using Yahoo! which never seems as relevant for me.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Weird.. o_O

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Shouldn't they be having the "Click to get a new CAPTCHA" button?

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]Haochi: The next image would be "Please, don't bother, just enter the letters and unlock your miserable account!" (or similar)

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Won't there come a time soon that captchas won't be very effective? What are good alternatives to captchas? GPG (PGP) FTW!

Rohit Srivastwa [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

[put at-character here]zim: or may be "Don't you understand English, we said we are unable (or not in mood) to handle your request"

Avrohom Eliezer Friedman (AEF) [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I had this a few days ago setting up a new clients Google Apps acount. I not sure – but I think I just closed it an reopened it and it gave me a good captcha.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!