Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Amazon UK redirecting to Accelerator Media?

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, February 16, 2008
16 years ago4,858 views

Everytime I load amazon uk i get redirected to http://ad.accelerator-media.com/?ad_type=iframe&ad_size=300x250&section=225722&prvtof=8b2VkUqfXCaGlxpA%2BwtlKeRHrfQvvEIz6%2FU8S9eVy4aqF2JL2%2BgPzJxkJNgyvclDOlGHJT4WRcUKfgdWGbPhYSvG%2B7XAnZsHySIZyaUg4ElSQdlGTvf7A2KZzvA5N0tfc1e8Lkz4VHZbhs0HrS9uer16SFhvnFPg7Nt7eDnKmlWxk9H2haue

Amazon US wrks fine, as do all other sites, and i'm usung ubuntu which i have only just installed, so there shouldn't be any adware...any ideas?

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Works fine here (Opera DS & Firefox 2.0 Win2000)

George R [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

When you say "amazon uk" do you mean http://amazon.co.uk/ ?

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

yup

NeilT [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Yes, I got the same redirect from amazon.co.uk to ad.accelerator-media.com: but it's that problem has now been solved – clearly a problem with the Amazon website.

douglas s [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

i have the same problem with amazon.co.uk – but NOT with amazon.com

douglas s [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

NeilT – how was the peoblem solved? what did you do to resolve it?

NeilT [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I didn't resolve it – I mean amazon.co.uk appear to have resolved it – just try clearing your cache and reloading the page.

douglas s [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I have just logged on to amazon.co.uk and still get the Security Warning. I don't think that the problem is with Amazon's website as when I use my wifes's PC to access amazon, I do NOT get the security warning.

NeilT [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

Oh, well I was getting being redirected to ad.accelerator-media.com from both my pc and mac, and now not from either.

Lee [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I was having this problem earlier today (Win32, latest Firefox (2.0.0.12)) & thought that somehow I'd been infected despite taking the usual precautions. Glad to see it wasn't just me, as Spybot found nothing but cookies, & only Firefox was directing me to ad.accelerator-media.com, not IE.

Rose [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I am having the same problem and once I run the ad-ware, anti-virus and the lot I still have it. It is not as obvious but when you click in a product and the look at the list of back pages, it is still there.

soo [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

was happening to me too yesterday – on my mac. no sign of spyware, but by the look of it was an amazon problem rather than something local. seems to have gone now...

JR [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I'm still getting it (Sunday evening 22:00 ish). I've written to Amazon – will let you know.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!