Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Go Daddy Website Tonight & Webmaster Tools

Rich V. [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, March 19, 2008
16 years ago3,565 views

Hello all, I'm so glad I found this site! Well, where do I start.....
For the past 5 months I've been trying to VERIFY my website using a meta tag that google generated. Being that I use Go Daddy.com Website Tonight, I'm not sure where to copy and paste the META TAG generated by Google. They tell me to, "paste it in your site's home page in the first <head> section of the page, before the first <body> section." but I don't know where this is. The people at Godaddy told me to paste it into the META TAG secton under Page Properties in the Description box......well i tried that and my website STILL isn't verified. Please help!!!!
Does anyone else use GoDaddy.com's Website Tonight? And if so, how did you VERIFY your site with Google?

I'm very desperate here, like I said before, I've been trying to VERIFY now for 5 months!!!!!! If someone has any suggestons, I would be very greatful. I'm willing to share my phone number....maybe someone can walk me through it?

Thanks for your consideration.....Rich V.

Than

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Rich, if you right-click and view the source code of your website, can you see your META tag? If so, it's possible that Google is just taking its time to verify you website. If not, then you may not have entered it correctly.

Sorry, I've never used Go Daddy's Website Tonight so can't really help you much more. Are you bothered about using your Google Account or would you consider just using the Go Daddy account integration as outlined here:

http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2007-11-14-n61.html

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!