Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Shared Stuff Idea

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, March 27, 2008
16 years ago2,068 views

Okay here's an idea i have for Google's (horribly named) "Shared Stuff" thing, if it ever adds digg-like functionality. I doubt digg would ever do this but instead of having topics under which shared submissions are filed like in digg, there would just be user-created groups that would show the most popular items in that group. I think that is a much better system

Zim [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

You say something like a mini-digg, or something like an improved shared feeds from google reader?

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Or like a combination of Digg and del.icio.us?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Aren't tags essentially user-created groups anyway? So all Google needs to do (according to your idea) is add the Digg-like functionality...

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Sharing a video is actually a "digg" (a vote) anyway. The service used to show the most shared web pages for a tag or for a domain, but this functionality has been temporarily removed.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I think think groups would be needed because with tags and labels, you can tag or label something anything and if it has a lot of digg it could have a tag that just isn't related and it would still show up as the most popular one. With groups it would have to be most popular among members in those groups

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!