Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Notebook can't stop refreshing

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, April 30, 2008
16 years ago4,396 views

and I jsut can't use it (the whole page is refreshed every second, so that I can't even add a letter in a note).

A server trouble?
Am I alone?

16 years ago #

Bingo! Now I have that:
We're sorry... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.
We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.
We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

But I have neither virus nor malware (I've just finished an AVG 2008 scan), it's Google Notebook which doesn't work!

[FF2, with Google Notebook extension]

16 years ago #

Now, I get:
"Google Notebook had trouble loading.
Please reload."

Funny, beccause I won't reload: Google Notebook does it itself, every 500 ms!

The loop is: auto-reload every sec (15 times), then "please reload" for 3 sec, then "computer virus or spyware application" for 5 sec, then i = i+1

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Try it from a different browser, or from a different computer. That might provide a clue.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Try either that or loggin off your account, and then enter again.

If that doesn't work, remove the extension and install it again.

Tell us what happened.

AndyK [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I am having this trouble too. I haven't found a fix, and on the BlackBerry if I turn off JavaScript – it is required for Notebook to work. Any workarounds?

AndyK [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

This is interesting .. I was able to access Notebook off http://mobile.google.com, on the bb. I can now edit/change/add my notes on notebook.

Its just that notebook.google.com was crazy to NOT work & kept reloading.

hope this help anyone else. Cheers,

Bill Mac [PersonRank 9]

16 years ago #

I have had similar problems w/ Google Docs & FF over the past several days. For example, a spreadsheet was continuously reloading itself to the point where I was unable to edit the file. Today, I was confronted with a badly mangled Google Docs list--the page elements where scattered and non-functional.

In both cases I switched to (gah!) IE until the problem went away. Like I say, entropy's a bitch. (I even tried running the apps in a clean FF profile, to no avail.)

Leo [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

i use both ff and netscape (netscape is plain: no add-ons).

Notebook renders correctly in Netscape so it appears to by a plug-in or a setting within a plug-in.

haven't spent much time determining which one it is (sort of hoping someone would have the ans...)

takejiro [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I am having the same problem with Notebook. And also the pdfs no longer load in my Firefox. I also noticed a weird thing happening at blogger (I don't know if it's related). But I can't edit a list item in a widget because it automatically submits when I click the edit link, I don't even have time to change the text. I tried reinstalling Firefox but it didn't help. There seems to be no problem when I open the said sites on IE though.

takejiro [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I found out the cause.
I removed the Skype extension and the notebook is fine now.
I hope this helps.

Spudguy [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Thanks, Skype was the issue.

Lawrence Salberg [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

Egads... it was Skype. Thanks a million, Skype. I hate the fact it always reinstalls that garbage extension without our approval. Who needs it? Give us an option... and now it is messing up javascripts on various pages. I had just reinstalled Skype (for another reason) a few days ago, and today went to use Notebook and boom! – major problem.

Thanks to those above who figured this out.

And no thanks to eBay/Skype.

Leo [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

it is not necessary to completely delete the Skype extension...

just disable it when using your Google notebook...

-leo

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!