Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Docs List

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, May 1, 2008
16 years ago4,619 views

Given the continual improvements to the Google Docs List, includng the advance searching, saved searches and offline mode – I'm left wondering whether this will eventually become the web interface for GDrive, if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense, Google could merge several products into one.

As has been known for a while, Google Docs also has icons for (Google) notebooks (docs.google.com/images/doclist/icon_3_notebook.gif) as well as aa PDF file icon (docs.google.com/images/doclist/icon_3_pdf.gif). I can't think of any reason other than a storage service for why Google would have a pdf icon online.

I'm interested, do you think Google will eventually do away with the seperate Docs list in favour of GDrive?

[Edited URLs – Ionut]

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

maybe Export to Notebook and Import of PDF

BTW: OpenOffice.org 3 will get a PDF Import filter

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Icon Docs: docs.google.com/images/doclist/icon_3_doc.gif

Spredsheets: docs.google.com/images/doclist/icon_3_spread.gif

Presentations: docs.google.com/images/doclist/icon_3_pres.gif

[Edited URLs – Ionut]

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

This is such an old dream for me. I also want My Maps in Google Docs list (the tab in Google Maps sucks), but also Youtube remixer (but a real video editor, not the actual crap), a photo editor (improved PWA), etc.

It's obvious that they're working on a PDF viewer since 10% of the suggestions in Google Docs Group require that.

I personally use Notebook a lot: the FF plug-in is OK (but doesn't work well in FF3b5), google.com/notebook is very ugly, and a serious integration with Google Docs makes sense (there's already a bookmark-notebook one, so...).

I'm impatient to see that coming!

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

"It's obvious that they're working on a PDF viewer"

I hope they're working on a PDF editor (or at least converter), since Google Books is already a great PDF viewer.

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I was looking for the word which means converter: I thought about plug-in but it was good enough, so I said viewer. I didn't want to say "editor" as I guess we'll edit docs from Document/Spreadsheet/Presentation and then convert them.

So, I completely agree with you Ionut (the Google Books one is indeed perfect).

phyo [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

I was looking for icon for google cal.
Does anyone know where to get the google calendar icon. Please give me link.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!