Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Docs List

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, May 1, 2008
11 years ago3,541 views

Given the continual improvements to the Google Docs List, includng the advance searching, saved searches and offline mode – I'm left wondering whether this will eventually become the web interface for GDrive, if you think about it, it makes a lot of sense, Google could merge several products into one.

As has been known for a while, Google Docs also has icons for (Google) notebooks (docs.google.com/images/doclist/icon_3_notebook.gif) as well as aa PDF file icon (docs.google.com/images/doclist/icon_3_pdf.gif). I can't think of any reason other than a storage service for why Google would have a pdf icon online.

I'm interested, do you think Google will eventually do away with the seperate Docs list in favour of GDrive?

[Edited URLs – Ionut]

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

maybe Export to Notebook and Import of PDF

BTW: OpenOffice.org 3 will get a PDF Import filter

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

Icon Docs: docs.google.com/images/doclist/icon_3_doc.gif

Spredsheets: docs.google.com/images/doclist/icon_3_spread.gif

Presentations: docs.google.com/images/doclist/icon_3_pres.gif

[Edited URLs – Ionut]

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

This is such an old dream for me. I also want My Maps in Google Docs list (the tab in Google Maps sucks), but also Youtube remixer (but a real video editor, not the actual crap), a photo editor (improved PWA), etc.

It's obvious that they're working on a PDF viewer since 10% of the suggestions in Google Docs Group require that.

I personally use Notebook a lot: the FF plug-in is OK (but doesn't work well in FF3b5), google.com/notebook is very ugly, and a serious integration with Google Docs makes sense (there's already a bookmark-notebook one, so...).

I'm impatient to see that coming!

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

"It's obvious that they're working on a PDF viewer"

I hope they're working on a PDF editor (or at least converter), since Google Books is already a great PDF viewer.

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

11 years ago #

I was looking for the word which means converter: I thought about plug-in but it was good enough, so I said viewer. I didn't want to say "editor" as I guess we'll edit docs from Document/Spreadsheet/Presentation and then convert them.

So, I completely agree with you Ionut (the Google Books one is indeed perfect).

phyo [PersonRank 0]

11 years ago #

I was looking for icon for google cal.
Does anyone know where to get the google calendar icon. Please give me link.

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!