Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Analytics Alive Now

Justin Pfister [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, November 16, 2005
18 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that Google Analytics has started posting data! I know everyone is going to have a blast with this service. Have Fun!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yep, works now for me too. What I find strange is that it shows both visits and pageviews on one grid and makes it appear I have more visits than pageviews (impossible of course), and then on the left it shows the dimensions which explains this; "Visits 9,000" and "Pageviews 20,000". So it scales the graph according to that and overlays it.

18 years ago #

Another thing : Since it's JS, the seach engines don't trigger it. Therefore, if you're used to getting a lot of traffic from search engines, you won't see that anymore.

Utills [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Does that mean it wont show traffic from people who have disabled javascript?

If so...wouldn't it be a good idea to allow a <noscript> tag with some sort of php tracker for those types of users.

btw...do Google have a policy forcing you to have only one website counter per page? or is it possible to add your own tracker for people who dont enable javascript?

http://www.utills.com

18 years ago #

You could probably go as crazy as you want.

18 years ago #

Is anyone else finding that their Google Analytics is a few days behind?

18 years ago #

Yep, it is.... I won't even look at days which are not "covered" by 1 working day to the left, and 1 working day to the right, because they may be still receiving data and are incomplete.

Artem [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

I am waiting for my GooglePlanet stats for about four days already :/
And for about two days already Analytics can't even see its code on my another site.
Could anybody look at the http://buildownwebsite.blogspot.com and tell if the Analytics code is inserted correctly.

I know it is very simple to check if the code is there, but Analytics doesn't see the code for two days. It might be so, that I missed something too simple and cannot see it myself.

18 years ago #

Might wanna try inserting it *immediately* before the closing </head>, not that I suppose that'll help...

maxx [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

any onw with a gmail account please send me an email as i want to become a member too my email id is" devilz_advocate[put at-character here]mail.com"

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!