Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Analytics Alive Now

Justin Pfister [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, November 16, 2005
14 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that Google Analytics has started posting data! I know everyone is going to have a blast with this service. Have Fun!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Yep, works now for me too. What I find strange is that it shows both visits and pageviews on one grid and makes it appear I have more visits than pageviews (impossible of course), and then on the left it shows the dimensions which explains this; "Visits 9,000" and "Pageviews 20,000". So it scales the graph according to that and overlays it.

14 years ago #

Another thing : Since it's JS, the seach engines don't trigger it. Therefore, if you're used to getting a lot of traffic from search engines, you won't see that anymore.

Utills [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Does that mean it wont show traffic from people who have disabled javascript?

If so...wouldn't it be a good idea to allow a <noscript> tag with some sort of php tracker for those types of users.

btw...do Google have a policy forcing you to have only one website counter per page? or is it possible to add your own tracker for people who dont enable javascript?

utills.com

14 years ago #

You could probably go as crazy as you want.

14 years ago #

Is anyone else finding that their Google Analytics is a few days behind?

14 years ago #

Yep, it is.... I won't even look at days which are not "covered" by 1 working day to the left, and 1 working day to the right, because they may be still receiving data and are incomplete.

Artem [PersonRank 4]

14 years ago #

I am waiting for my GooglePlanet stats for about four days already :/
And for about two days already Analytics can't even see its code on my another site.
Could anybody look at the buildownwebsite.blogspot.com and tell if the Analytics code is inserted correctly.

I know it is very simple to check if the code is there, but Analytics doesn't see the code for two days. It might be so, that I missed something too simple and cannot see it myself.

14 years ago #

Might wanna try inserting it *immediately* before the closing </head>, not that I suppose that'll help...

maxx [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

any onw with a gmail account please send me an email as i want to become a member too my email id is" devilz_advocate[put at-character here]mail.com"

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!