Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google docs time off?

shady [PersonRank 3]

Thursday, May 15, 2008
16 years ago3,651 views

I am in central time and I never messed with my time zone setting after I made sure it was on central time. However, when I save a document it shows that it is one hour behind. I just noticed this today. Maybe it did not adjust to daylights saving time?

Anyone else having the same problem?

slayer [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I still have this problem but noticed something else. When I click save, it will say that the document was saved at then it would give the time, which shows the correct time the document was saved. But when I exit google docs and re-enter it shows the document in the menu as being saved one hour behind that it actually was.

Of course, a day later it will just show the date the document was last saved and that is fine. But on the actual day of saving when it shows the hour in which it was saved it is an hour off.

Anyone else seeing what I am seeing?

slayer [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I can't be the only one having this problem...

shady [PersonRank 3]

16 years ago #

Anyone?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Well, I'm in the UK and my last saved time looks like this for spreadsheets:

Autosaved on Jun 4, 2008 9:08:56 AM GMT+01:00

And this for docs:

saved on June 4, 2008 9:09 AM by Tony Ruscoe

Both are correct as far as I'm concerned.

(BTW, are "slayer" and "shady" the same person?)

c [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I'm also in the Central and getting the same problem. It says "CST" which is not "CDT" which is apparently for daylight savings time. Seems to be a bug.

c [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I finally found the problem. In the settings there are 2 exact matches for Central Time. The one under Belize seems to be the correct one for observing DST. The one between Regina and Winnipeg does not seem to observe DST.

Seems like part of the label for one of those zones was left off.

I submitted a bug report to Google.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!