Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Adds Themes for Orkut

Thilak Raj Rao [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, May 27, 2008
16 years ago4,328 views

Just wanted to give you a heads up that Google has added themes for Orkut.

Screenshots: http://tech-buzz.net/2008/05/27/orkut-adds-themes-officially/

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Beach theme.. hmm..

I wonder if there's a new hidden beach theme for iGoogle...
(The current one seems pretty poor to this one..)

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

orkut still sucksss :(

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

i'm starting to like orkut.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

It isn't Googley at all. Facebook if more Googley than Orkut but somehow it still distinctly isn't. I think Orkut in it's current state is a complete failure and i really hope Google is doing a hell of a lot behind the scenes to make it better

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Officially posted: http://en.blog.orkut.com/2008/06/if-youre-in-india-and-feel-like-change.html

Lina Goel [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

That what i really awaited for....Great

Lina Goel [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

wine theme.......i need :(

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I know I said I was starting to like Orkut. But I completely agree with you DPic. I hope Google are working on something else behind the scenes.

They could really leverage iGoogle and YouTube too. I really surprised they haven't added any openSocial things to YouTube yet. Do you think it's coming?

DPic [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Yeah, and whatever happened to social stream?

What do you mean by leverage iGoogle and YouTube? How/why would they add open social to YouTube? YouTube is just for videos. I actually don't think YouTube is very Google either, but i don't think it sucks like orkut does. I think YouTube has been cleaned up a little but they could do a lot more to make it better. Flash videos are convenient, but it would be nice if they would host real video files too. That's not my main concern at all though. I think YouTube is great and all, but could use a radical redesign of the color scheme (googley-blue by default) and the interface but that would be a shock to people so they'd probably do it slowly.

adhishree [PersonRank 0]

16 years ago #

themes are not appearing

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I dunno what happened, but ever since Google bought YouTube, it just seems to be getting more complex, awkward, cluttered and ugly. Really. For some reason now if I go on the Irish YouTube, I don't see any accounts from other countries in the "Channels" page no matter if I check Comedians>Most Subscribed>All Time or any other combination. In fact, i never even selected Ireland. This was happening on Global YouTube until I opened the list and selected Global.

I Hate YouTube.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!