Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Old Look for New Gmail

Anoymous Coward [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, July 15, 2008
16 years ago2,696 views

Is it just me or the new Gmail looks identical to the previous version?

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

Screenshot maybe?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

There's definitely something different about Gmail today, in addition to the iframe bug that has been fixed.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

What's different Ionut?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

The font size for search results is bigger?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I agree that there's something different today. I think the line spacing seems different. Like each email subject in the inbox is taking up more vertical space. Or something else quite subtle has changed.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

I just overlaid two screenshots, one from 2007 and one from just now, and it seems the vertical subject height is similar or the same (the subject text itself was mostly blanked out in the screenshot though so I could only test the box height). Perhaps something is still being rolled out or it's something else or I'm not testing this correctly...

Boris DePiffel [PersonRank 1]

16 years ago #

I noticed this. I was reading the story how gMail 2 was now available in Opera 9.5 by default, so I logged out and used the usual gMail URL to login in and for a second I thought this was gMail 1 – then I noticed Labs was there, and the other changes were there.

It does seem more v1-ish.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!