Google Blogoscoped

Forum

New Gmail Supports Opera

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, July 16, 2008
16 years ago4,315 views

Until now, you had to visit http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&nobrowsercheck=1 to get the new version of Gmail in Opera, but this is no longer necessary (at least for Opera 9.5).

Ramibotros [PersonRank 10]

16 years ago #

great news!

Boris DePiffel [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Fantastic. Not only does it work by default, but all the little things that didn't work (like spell check & rich text formatting) do work now.

So: gMail, Google Reader, Google Calendar (I think), work now. Google Notebook doesn't, does Google Docs work in Google yet?

I hope Google gets all the others working in Opera.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

<< does Google Docs work? >>

Only the word processor.

Boris DePiffel [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Thanks. I hope Google take Opera seriously, it's a shame quite a number of Google services aren't available to Opera users.

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

It's quite understandable why Opera support has taken a while. You work by pleasing the masses. IE and Firefox have a large market share. Opera doesn't. Why waste employee time (ie. money) and delay a product release for such a small percentage of users.

Just as a side note: One of the main reasons I don't use Opera is I use GDocs a lot (and also the lack of extension support).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!