Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Thanks for the kind words

THX712517 [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, June 8, 2004
20 years ago

I'm from Merkey.net, the site that won the #1 position for Nigritude Ultramarine. Thank you for the kind words upon the contest's termination. Will you be going for the second, July 7th contest or are you done?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

20 years ago #

Let's see what happens. I will not be as active as the first round. I will also not ask anyone for more backlinks, as people did enough to help out already. I also removed links from some of my other sites and will remove more. But those who linked to me still deserve a chance at the flat screen next month, so I surely won't be resigning from the contest.

Bart N. [PersonRank 1]

20 years ago #

The results shift each time I search, sometimes its this blog that's number one and sometimes the Merkey forum.
It will certainly stay interesting to see how everything evolves.

20 years ago #

Sometimes you also get different results depending on which Google data-center you are being served by. Another competition – the french Mangeur de Cigogne – decided on a specific data-center for the results. My site and this contest has been featured on both Slasdhot and Wired, so let's see what happens!

Bart N. [PersonRank 1]

20 years ago #

Philipp maybe you shouldn't be removing those backlinks :)

20 years ago #

Hmm, I'm back to #1 for Nigritude Ultramarine...!

Bart N. [PersonRank 1]

20 years ago #

Great, now stay there :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!