Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Poll: According to Scientists...  (View post)

Daniel [PersonRank 0]

Monday, August 18, 2008
15 years ago7,745 views

Some of these it doesn't take a scientist to figure out...

" A human brain is capable of processing an enormous amount of information"

Thank goodness we have scientists sitting around figuring things like this out for me!

George W Bush [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I dunno. My brain only understood as far as "A human brain is cap." My brain isn't a cap. My dad says it's a mussel. Ha! Take that science nerds!

Rich [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

"An octopus has only six arms"

Interesting. I've learnt today that octopus can be considered to have six arms and two legs, use their third arm for eating, and don't have "handedness". Heaven forbid that acceptable grammar get in the way of a good story, eh?

Speaking of grammar, "octopus" is the correct plural of "octopus", just like other 5th declension neuters, which tend to be words borrowed from Greek.

Ping Ping [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I don't feel that silly posts like this do not have a place on a "Google News" blog, I find them undermining of the journalistic integrity. Much like a previous post: "Does Google know what URL'S you're thinking about" or the "55 Ways to have fun with Google" book which was 85% garbage and a complete waste of money.

Lets get the cold hard facts about Google and how it works and possibly some info on the secret source too.

For the most part, this blog is an excellent resource to the most powerful search engine in the world at the moment, but the "pointless" posts detract from the seriousness and integrity of this success.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Welcome to the forum Ping Ping. Is this your first comment? Since when are you reading along? A blog is all about participation, and the more you participate, the better it can get. It's noted that some would like more SEO tips, I think that's what you're after. You can also send email pointers to info[put at-character here]blogoscoped.com or post news at http://blogoscoped.com/forum/

As for the book, if you like more tips and less funny or art topics, give Google Apps Hacks a try: http://www.amazon.com/Google-Apps-Hacks-Philipp-Lenssen/dp/059651588X

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!