Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Unwrap Mosaics, a Form of Video Editing  (View post)

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

Monday, August 18, 2008
15 years ago4,619 views

That's really pretty awesome, and looks like it would be really easy to add your own objects. I wonder how much processing power it requires?

jack [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Totally awesome!

Mathias Schindler [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

What I liked most is the time dedicated to display the current limits of the technology. A good movie to describe a brilliant technology.

macbeach [PersonRank 6]

15 years ago #

When I see good research from Microsoft I cringe. Fearful that rather than a new idea achieving wide applicability, it will instead be patented and show up in yet another Windows-only product.

Fortunately, a lot of research done by Microsoft doesn't really seem all that "innovative", but this one looks good. Were it from Google, you might see this show up in a product within months, and maybe open sourced not long after that. With Microsoft, it might show up in some (again) Windows-only product in a year or two, or it might be patented and buried, just waiting for the chance to sue someone who comes up with a similar concept later.

Sad times we live in.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!