Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Will you buy an android phone? For how much?

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Friday, September 12, 2008
15 years ago4,169 views

Although details about android are few, based on what information is out there, how many of you plan on buying an android phone? How much are you willing to pay for one?

I would get one if it were up to $200, i don't think i would if it costs more than an iphone. Although prices on different android phones will vary on hardware, i have high expectations that it will be worth it.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I will take a look in the shop first... I really disliked the last T-Mobile phone I bought.

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Umm. Yes. Yes I will.

Sadly this time, things like 'price' and 'quality' will not be a contributing factor to my purchasing decision ;)

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Well when my current phone stops working I will definitely consider an android phone. I don't think it's worth paying more than £100 (about $180) for a phone, and I always go for PAYG phones. If there's a cheep one I might get it.

(iPhone is either on a £45 a month contract or £350 on PAYG
My Current Phone was £50 PAYG)

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I might consider trading my Nokia N95 8GB for an Android phone.
But not after i'll compare between the two quite enough..

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

PAYG?

Random Fact: That system was developed by EirCell(now Vodafone Ireland) and was originally called RTG(Ready to Go) before Esat Digiphone (O2 Ireland) called it Pay as You Go to avoid TradeMark infringement, and everyone except Vodafone Ireland called it Pay as You Go until they decided this year to change it as well.

It was a sad day for me, it means the eend of the 90's ads with the phrase "Eircell Ready to Gooooo!" in it to the tune of Republica's song "Ready to go" with the lyric's Baby changed to Eircell :D

An audio samole of the tune is at 0:45 in this video
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijh2Fqd1ZPY

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/1/1c/Old_EIRCELL.PNG

I just thought i'd share some info...

*feels awkward, runs away*

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodafone_Ireland

adamzhu1986 [PersonRank 2]

15 years ago #

My Nokia bought three years ago still works fine. But I want to get a new one. For an android phone, I would like to pay $200.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]James

These are the terms the companies use in the UK:
Virgin Mobile, T-mobile, Orange & 3 : Pay as You Go
O2 : Pay and Go
Vodaphone : Pay as you talk

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Yes. I'd pay up to £100 ($180)

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]Mrrix32

Cool, thanks

*saves in database of infinite knowledge*

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!