Google Blogoscoped

Forum

LG Vu, Gmail, and HTTP(S) warning

R2 [PersonRank 1]

Saturday, September 20, 2008
15 years ago5,029 views

My son has a Vu and he is using the Gmail applet form Google. There is an annoying screen that pops up each time he opens a message that essentially asks him if it is OK to access HTTP(S). The choices are:

( ) Allow once
( ) Never allow

There is no choice for "Always allow" – which is what he would like to go. How does one get around this message box? Thank you.

defcon [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

flash the firmware, its the phone os thats giving you those options, there should be an always allow as well once u flash it

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

The phone displays the message every time because data access will incur a high charge for some users. It's not simply a security prompt.

15 years ago #

But if you want to hack it (and have a backup), you might find this page useful:

http://www.mygreatphone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9773

R2 [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

We are paying a monthly fee for internet access, so it should not be a problem for him. The hack idea is likely what I will need to do.

Unless the "flash" works. How do I flash the firmware? Is there a link I can use?

Thanks for the advice.

15 years ago #

[put at-character here]R2: The page I linked to is all that I know. I've not flashed my phone.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!