Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Updates To These Forums?

Tomi Häsä [PersonRank 5]

Sunday, September 21, 2008
15 years ago3,813 views

I like these forums. Are there going to be new features, such as your own account, your own profile, notifications for new messages, etc.?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Over the years there were always new features for the forums. I'll think again about email notifications, so far I didn't implement it because I didn't want to send too many mails... but I could ponder it again, e.g. Google App Engine allows me to send 2000 per day (I'm already using it for another service though). Mails sent from this server itself (1&1/ former Schlund) will often not make it to the inbox for some reasons, whereas Google App Engine-sent mails will...

Luka [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Simple is sexy :)

Please, do not change the "account" system that works better that I thought...

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

the "account" system is super!

But an optional notification would be sometimes very nice :)

Tomi Häsä [PersonRank 5]

15 years ago #

In the past I used the free WebMon 1.0, which is for automatic monitoring for the changes for web documents you define in that application. Nowadays, I have been using del.icio.us' private links to save URLs for my blog comments (they are private as no-one probably cares about monitoring them except myself).

By the way, Google Groups has favorites, so if your email service provider (if any) is having problems, people could simply log in to their accounts (if enough people are interested and if you have happen to have the spare time to do so) and look at their favorites to see if there have been any changes to their discussions. People here seem to like having no accounts, so I'm not trying to force any major changes (like I even could or would).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!