Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Spam Filtering order is too bad in gmail but good in hotmail

sudarshan Reddy [PersonRank 1]

Friday, September 26, 2008
15 years ago2,515 views

i am keeping all spam words in filter but gmail filter is too bad in order of checking filter.
Better guys use Hot mail for better spam filter

sudarshan Reddy [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

gmail spam filter is too bad and i have good solution to spam mails.
* Generally any mails come then your system is going to find weather it is spam or not and it will sent to corresponding inbox or spam folder.
This is absolutely correct.

* if i have kept any spam filter words then it will check that words and do corresponding action.
Here draw back is that Currently what ever filter words are there accoring to it will occur but it should do like this Order: >

1)First email address of sender should be checked in inbox of receiver. if found then directly deliver the mail to inbox
2)if i have kept some filters in spam filter then system should check that all spam filters should be arranged in order that A) first Never send it to spam B) Last should be "Delete it" filter should be verified
3) while checking words in filter, it should check continuous words or statement in mail but here it is checking like that Suppose i kept "my girls" in filter to delete all mails with this words then i got a job mail saying position if for boys and girls and requested to sent updated resume. here i am writing that this is my updated resume.
Here if employer replies to my resume then my his reply will go to deleted mails. as this mails contains seperate words like My, Girls .
Here it should check continouly "my girs" not like my and seperate girls as different places.
Please Implement this solutions. (i am trying software testing job as i resigned in current company)

Simple solution is changing to hotmail as spam mails are less

[Signature removed – Tony]

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!