Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Orkut in Chrome

Varun Mahajan [PersonRank 1]

Saturday, September 27, 2008
15 years ago5,380 views

If you are using Chrome, and open Orkut in it, it is showing a message 'Awesome, you're using Google Chrome! Don't forget to feed it donuts!'

However if you open orkut in any other browser, it asks you politely to try Chrome

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

lol!
What is it with Orkut and doughnuts? Some error messages refer to themas well. (Can't remember which though)

Sudeep Bansal [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

'Awesome, you're using Google Chrome! Don't forget to feed it donuts!' not able to find donuts so can any one help to find it out?

Amartya [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Hi!!!

How come Google is related to Donuts??

"Awesome, you're using Google Chrome! Don't forget to feed it donuts!"

Is any new feature available which I don't know??

Donny [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

It's an orkut thing i guess ... An interesting classic orkut error message is "Bad server, no donut for you" ;)

Titus Judah [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

What they probably mean is to report bugs so that they can fix it!!!!

Siddharth [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Hello,
Can anyone tell me why on opening orkut in chrome it says
"Awesome, you're using Google Chrome! Don't forget to feed it donuts!"
Is ther addons or plugin in google chrome please send me if it hasaddons my id is
siddharth.surya17[put at-character here]gmail.com

Kartik [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Quote such as “Feeding donuts to Chrome” should have been properly elaborated for the sake of disambiguation but there is no link associated with this message to elaborate the statement..
According to us,this is an indirect way of convincing a Chrome user to enable an option of sending user’s usage statistics to Google for their analysis.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!