Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Facebook Chat Viruses! Yay!

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, October 18, 2008
15 years ago6,872 views

I just got this message from my friend:
""Alex

hey! somebody wrote something about you in their blog here members.aol.com/hottyblogy54354""

That url goes to some site which firefox detects as a forgery and when i click ignore it redirects to faceubook.com (DO NOT ENTER YOUR LOGIN INFORMATION THERE)

[unlinked]

DPic [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I just entered some false information and then it went to faceiibook.com/ (also detected as a forgery)

submitting false information there doesn't send me to a new url

[unlinked]

Ducky [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Yeah I just discovered that same problem. I saw it and thought it was fishy so I googled it and got your blog here. It was nice to confirm my suspicions. Thanks for posting something about it. Maybe we can get the word out about it. I got the message a couple of times today and it always comes from someone you know or have as a friend. Not sure about the one from macy's giving away $500 is legit or not. I will let someone else figure that one out, but it comes the same way as the faceubook.com one does.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I barely use the chat. It's really slow. It takes hours 'till the other person get's your message.

Anyhow, i didn't come across this virus. (nor the previous virus Facebook had). Guess i'm virus free! :P

But thanks for the warning Danny :)

DPic [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

There was a previous virus facebook had? Also, this probably isn't so much a virus as it is simple stealing of accounts so P.S. If you entered your information into the fake facebook immediately try to access your real facebook account and CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD-- then report back here

KCHRIST_IAN [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I entered it without even thinking I just thought it might have been something to do with my browser (Google Chrome). I then immediately checked online for information and this is where I found that it was a phishing site. Thanks so much! Already changed my password, by the way.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

[put at-character here] Danny

Here :
http://www.sync-blog.com/sync/2008/08/breaking-news-f.html

:)

Chris [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

So, I unknowingly entered my email and password into the FACEUBOOK.com site.

I immediately changed my password after reading about the virus (within minutes of logging on the the fake site), but I was wondering if the virus could still affect my account after I change my password.

John Oktavec [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

ya i got sucked into that virus too... now ive infected like atleast 25 people... i changed my password... so i hope maybe it will stop... but i dont know what to do now

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!