Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Delete multiple posts at once in Blogger

Cookie Lee [PersonRank 9]

Friday, November 7, 2008
15 years ago6,213 views

Recently, I've just found out that Blogger has finally allowed people to delete multiple posts in their blog at once by adding a "delete" option in the drop-down menu, which is available in the post manager.

But after doing some tests, I found a SERIOUS problem – They DO NOT double check if you really want to delete the posts you selected when you click on the "delete" option: What if you select a lot of posts and want to label them but click on the "delete" option by mistake?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I'm not seeing this item in the drop-down menu. Not even on Blogger in Draft. The drop-down is still called "Label Actions..." in my interface. What's it called in yours? Can you provide a screenshot?

15 years ago #

http://tw.fancool.googlepages.com/blogger.png

15 years ago #

Thanks. I'm definitely not seeing it in my UI in Firefox 3.

Although, when I check the source code those options are there but have style="display:none;" on the OPTION element. Perhaps it's a Firefox bug.

I've just checked in IE6 and they're displayed even though the source code is the same.

15 years ago #

As I know, it only shows when you've selected at least 1 post.

15 years ago #

Nope. It shows in IE6 with no posts selected and never shows in Firefox no matter how many are selected.

dmsops [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

They show up in Safari, too, but not Firefox.

Juvenn [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

I found that the list being displayed is incomplete, use your keyboard down to navigate the list to bottom. And then you will see the complete actions, remove, publish, delete, etc...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!