Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Extracting Images From the Brain  (View post)

Varun [PersonRank 3]

Friday, December 12, 2008
15 years ago10,193 views

Ray Kurzweil must be happy

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

I have suffered from dyslexia my whole life. I wonder if this could be seen on these scans. It could make diagnosing easier.

Also, can this answer the age old question of "Do you see in the same colors as I do"?

Andy Wong [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Let Goggle index your brain.

john [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

My brain hurts now this is too much next we will have pictures of our hearts or of our lusts-------- well i guess we already have that

Delicious Monster [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

scary. they will some day read our minds. Minority Report.

Dominic Parker [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Record your dreams, then put them on YouTube....or could even do a live Dreamcast...possibilities are endless!

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

15 years ago #

Hoax. Our scientific knowledge is nowhere near that.

BobCFC [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

Jesus they are going to have Adsense for the brain now

talib [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

how much would you pay to see your wife's or employees dreams

nr [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Would be nice if people actually read the article before commenting on it... I wonder why every time a new positive science discovery is made people have to think about threachery and evil.

They're not gonna read your mind. They can just decode what you're seeing IF you stare at it for at least 12 seconds. Not really something you normally do. And they need huge equipment to do that. Not something they can carry around

Link to the article:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WSS-4V4113M-P&_user=10&_coverDate=12%2F10%2F2008&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=browse&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=60109659c821eb5cf7bce5afe963cf44

noname [PersonRank 4]

15 years ago #

re nr: 30 years ago computers took whole building and comunicate in few hundred bites per second with huge wires. Today you got thousand times faster device in your pocket comunicating in bilions bites per second speed wirelessly.

Do you still think that this what they had developed is the best what is possible? Can you imagine the impacts and usage in lets say 20 or 30 years?

P.S.: generally every discovery can be used for good or evil, and generally every discovery is also used for good or evil. Discovering anything isn't evil and we can't stop discovering. If we would, the only discovering people would be the evil ones. If we discover first, we would be step ahead. The problem is, that in the eyes of the evil ones, they are the good ones and we are the evil.

song [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

human being is always amazing! we just need to focuse on ourself other than Alien

[Link removed – Tony]

Tony Lawrence [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Many years ago there was a sci-fi story that was about selling dreams – the "best" dreamers made a lot of money..

Mindy Machanic [PersonRank 0]

15 years ago #

As an artist and designer (and tech weenie at times), I have been wanting something like this for decades – so I could imagine it and then there it would be. I don't always have the skills to translate the stuff I think up into reality, and this would really help. The paranoid part of me says "they" will use it to track "us" who think creatively and not necessarily in lock-step with what society and "they" want. The realist in me says that isn't too likely, there are so many of us, it would be at worst like tapping your web usage or phone or email randomly, and I am sure "we" will figure out ways to block that! The creative part of me says, hurry up and get this working, small and affordable – and fast!
   ----CreativityQueen (mindymac)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!