Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google mdash entity bug

rocksfrow [PersonRank 1]

Friday, March 27, 2009
15 years ago2,556 views

Today i posted a bug report to google, but am not confident at all in the amount of time it'll take to get a response. I figured I would share it here to get more feedback, and some reinforcement.

It appears that google is not rendering the — entity correctly (a replacement for —).

I've tested this on linux, mac, and windows, on firefox/safari/ie, and the issue exists across the board. I also tested sending the same email to other email providers (IE hotmail), and the same exact HTML content is being displayed correctly.

I would love it if others can back me up here. It's hard to send a mime type email if you're using a basic client, but if you have the skill/knowledge to manually send a mime email (html/text versions), try sending an email using the &151; entity, and the — entity. — will be displayed correctly, but the &151; will not.

rocksfrow [PersonRank 1]

15 years ago #

Sorry, I mistyped a few of the entities: — not &151;

Forum home

Advertisement

 
Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

 

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!