Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Smoke and Mirrors  (View post)

George R [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, September 12, 2009
14 years ago3,230 views

Reuters is reporting that Google is developing some new energy related technologies. They are developing both gas turbine and optical mirror technologies. The story includes quotes from Google's Bill Weihl.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2352748,00.asp

Above 1 comments were made in the forum before this was blogged,

Alex Ksikes [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

When will these technologies be heavily subsidized? What are our politicians waiting for? Are they not going to get this as they did not get the internet in its beginning? Are they going to play the same BS which is being played with cell phones and mobile internet (so many jobs no being created because of corruption and illegal business practices)?

I'll be happy when all cars are electric recharged in your garage. And when every roof of every house would have solar panels and be energy independent.

George R [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Alex K:
"Are they not going to get this as they did not get the internet in its beginning?"

I do not know if any politicians were involved, but the U.S. government paid for much of the original internet. It paid for much of the R&D for the internet technology. It also paid for much of the internet's original infrastructure.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I think really the internet as it is today was pioneered by CERN, up until that it was pretty much just a means of sending files across a network

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!