Google Blogoscoped

Forum

TimesOnline Ask the Boss: Eric Schmidt  (View post)

Jérôme Flipo [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, October 10, 2009
14 years ago3,613 views

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/technology/article6858991.ece

I'm surprised that he mentions augmented reality as a great mobile opportunity for "Google 2019". Do you expect an AR app from Google soon?

Above 1 comments were made in the forum before this was blogged,

JWM [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

I used to be really behind the banking:cloud computing security analogy. When I mentioned this to a lawyer friend, he noted that the financial industry is the most heavilyregulated industry and that something as important as personal / corporate data would require at least as much regulation for concerns to be appropriately addressed. Google does a fine job of trying to self-regulate and instill trust, but, the argument goes, it's just too important to allow self-regulation. Can you imagine if the financial industry had been less regulated in 2008? Google needs to work with public organizations, governments, etc to establish a new system of trust for this new age of delegated computing.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!