Google Blogoscoped

Forum

SMX East AJAX Proposal van Gwebmastercentral

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, October 13, 2009
14 years ago3,839 views

Just noticed a document in Google Docs. Google apparently planted this document 'SMX East AJAX Proposal van Gwebmastercentral' or something.

Anyone else? Someone on the Google Help Forum says "I have the same thing. I keep deleting it and it just comes right back. I don't feel like my account is very secure when random, and undeleteable documents appear in my account. "

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Docs/thread?tid=7a203617fe7818d2&hl=en

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

It's possible you just viewed a page which embedded the document. I've seen this happen before when I've viewed a Google Docs document shared with everyone.

14 years ago #

Thanks Tony, but it is strange that I can't remove the document. When removed ("SMX East AJAX Proposal" has been moved to the trash.) and I go to Google Docs a few minutes later the document is back!.

This is the document:
http://docs.google.com/present/view?id=0Ac0sOkRxnY0DZGM3NWdta3NfMTE4Z2s1M3FkZzY&hl=en

JohnMu [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Hi guys
Yes, this is from the blog post we made, but I'm not quite sure why you shouldn't be able to hide/remove it from your list. Strange :) – I'll check with the team!

Cheers
John

14 years ago #

Thanks John!

14 years ago #

Now when I try to remove the file I get the message "Sorry! We are experiencing technical difficulties and cannot show all of your documents."

JohnMu [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Hi WebSonic, this should be ok now (can you double-check, please?). Since I'm not directly involved in Google Docs, I don't quite know what happened here. Sorry about the confusion!

John

14 years ago #

I've checked and the document is gone!

Thanks!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!