Google Blogoscoped

Forum

How to Use Google Docs to Transfer Chrome Bookmarks to Other Browsers

BizAbh [PersonRank 10]

Friday, November 6, 2009
14 years ago2,431 views

Kevin C. Tofel of JK on the Run Blog writes :

So is anyone else besides me using the new bookmark sync feature in Google Chrome? I’m using it with the beta version of Chrome for Windows and also on my Mac. On OS X, the latest version Chrome itself doesn’t support the bookmark sync feature, but the latest build of Chromium does, so that’s what I’m using. But what if you’re using a computer that doesn’t have Chrome and you can’t install it? How then can you get your precious bookmarks from the cloud? It’s actually quite easy when you notice that your Chrome bookmarks also get synchronized over to Google Docs.

I noticed the Google Docs function when the sync feature launched, but it didn’t hit me that it might be useful. And it is useful when you need to get at your bookmarks in the sky — as long as you can get to your Google Docs, you can grab your favorite bookmarks and import them to nearly any browser. Here’s how: http://jkontherun.com/2009/11/06/how-to-use-google-docs-to-transfer-chrome-bookmarks-to-other-browsers/ (Source)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!