Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Follow your waves  (View post)

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, November 12, 2009
14 years ago4,580 views

http://googlewave.blogspot.com/2009/11/follow-your-waves.html

<<Today, we've introduced a new concept to Google Wave--"following" waves. Now, clicking on a public wave no longer causes it to appear (and stay) in your inbox; you have to explicitly choose to "follow" the wave.>>

DPic [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

new google wave blog that isn't just for developers, sweet

Above 2 comments were made in the forum before this was blogged,

Alex Ksikes [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

The interface is not responsive enough. It's trying to do too many things and does not excel at one. It's too focused on gadgets and features and not on the core task and concept of the application.

At the end of the hype i wouldn't be surprised if no-one really uses Google Wave.

Joe Kesonu [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

Hmmm, a whole lot of nuttin' from my perspective.

Previous label was "Mute", new label is "Unfollow".
Previous label was "Unmute", new label is "Follow".

Better labeling for sure, but the functionality is identical.

I really am enjoying the collaboration of Google Wave, but really does this little change merit so much press?!

j [PersonRank 2]

14 years ago #

following people? would this be in the context that a person could have one or several waves or newfeeds? I think this is a fun idea but i am also concerned about what would happen if this became as popular as facebook and twitter. status updates or newsfeeds can be taken down by the original poster. someone in wave would have to be very careful about posting anything, for fear that it could come back to haunt them.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

> Better labeling for sure, but the functionality is identical.

That's not true. Previously, viewing a public wave would have automatically put it in your inbox permanently. Now, you have to explicitly follow the wave, otherwise it won't appear again.

j [PersonRank 2]

14 years ago #

it makes subscriptions and email strings work like static websites, giving the user control over the flow of information coming in. instead of wasting time browsing through emails while waiting for a particular message on a particular matter, the user can unmute the urgent project. this will be a huge asset in and revolution in time management in a world of too much information.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!