Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Russian Cop Uses YouTube to Expose Police Corruption

BizAbh [PersonRank 10]

Monday, November 16, 2009
14 years ago3,129 views

"In a breathtakingly risky move, a former Russian police officer has taken to the Internet in full uniform to detail the corruption, danger, and brutality of his line of work.

Take a look one of the videos Dymovsky has posted so far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4vB2a15dOU&feature=player_embedded

In an open video address to Prime Minister Vladmir Putin, Alexei Dymovsky says, "Maybe you don't know about us, about simple cops, who live and work and love their work. I'm ready to tell you everything. I'm not scared of my own death." How much does Dymovsky have to fear? The answer might surprise those of us who are accustomed to the relative freedoms of self-expression.

Over the past week, Dymovsky's videos have gotten more than a million views altogether and have created quite an uproar in Russia. In the videos, he speaks with an air of desperation, frustration, and resignation rarely seem on camera. He speaks of the ten years he spent serving and protecting his country."

Source:http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/russian_cop_uses_youtube_to_expose_police_corrupti.php

drtimofey [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

English captions are a bit mistranslated.
The cop made a statement that they are forced to make money on the side for themselves and their officers, i.e. take bribes, make false accusations & imprison the innocent. No officer would ever work for the salary given, they all do business on the side to stay afloat.

It's really cool to see how YouTube automatically detects what videos to promote in popularity.

MZaza [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Just like here in Egypt...

14 years ago #

[put at-character here]Moustafa ZA
That sux

I was actually thinking the other day that with the help of social websites like YouTube, a lot of corruption will be brought out soon. Hopefully:)

14 years ago #

Oh... and I just remembered a really cool story.

My dad, who is Russian, but a US citizen went back to Russia a few years back. He was stopped twice in the same day for some meaningless traffic infringement. Both of the times when the policeman found out that he was from US, they just stood there waiting on some sort of bribe. My dad joked around and told them to send the ticket to US:)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!