Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Verizon drops the ball

RadioFreq [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, November 17, 2009
14 years ago2,043 views

In an effort to comply with IRS rules our company has informed us that they will no longer supply us with cellphones. I will now have to own my own phone and they will reimburse me monthly. Our dept. decided we would stick with Verizon and a couple of weeks ago a rep from Verizon presented us with various plans and answered questions. I had seen the ads for the Droid and last week I played with one that another employee had already purchased. It was at that time I decided to get one, too. Yesterday I went into a Verizon store to do so. I told the salesperson about the discount plan presented to us (10% off) and he found it on his computer. So far, so good. He asked for a company ID with my picture. Our company does not issue picture IDs and he refused to accept the combination of my business card and driver's license as proof that I was an employee of the company in question and was therefore eligible for the discount. He said I would have to bring in something along the lines of a paycheck stub. He alluded to some sort of corporate policy from out East (New Jersey?) as the reason. Suffice to say that after that treatment I will stick with my little LG phone and will NOT be buying a Droid. My congratulations to all of you (Verizon, Motorola, Google) on being confident enough that the Droid is going to be so successful that you can turn away legitimate customers.

Anyone else run into this BS?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!