Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google's fade-in with homepage promo

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Monday, December 14, 2009
14 years ago3,200 views

Today there's a promo box link at the Google homepage reading "New! Explore impact of climate change on Google Earth". I was curious whether they'd fade in this stuff or show it by default on the new minimal homepage. Turns out it's not showing by default, but has to fade in...

WebSonic.nl [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

It's the same as the links: "pagina's in het Nederlands (pages in Dutch)" and "pagina's uit Nederland". They have to fade in first to. I'm using the greasemonkey script now so I don't see the fade anymore luckily.

James Xuan [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I think the reason for it also fading in is that everything that needs to be clicked fades in, because by moving the mouse you are alerting the site you want to click something, and then it shows the clickable elements. Perhaps in the future you can say to your computer "Google this:..." and when you say "Google This" it alerts the site you want to do a voice search and a waveform fades in. It's just a thought...

Jim Jeffrey [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

things have been fading in for a week on google's homepage. this fade in w/the global warming thing is horrifying. they are losing customers by the second. plain stupidity.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!