Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google's Martin Luther King Logo  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Monday, January 16, 2006
18 years ago

but it does make sense that certain logo's are used only for certain zones. Just thin og the .cn suffix having this type of logo , that would be polictally incorrect dont you think so ??

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I understand for things like Independence Day, but Martin Luther King? I'm not sure...

Laurent Van Winckel [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I'm living in Belgium and I can see the logo on Google.com. Mind you that I am using Google Web Accelerator... so I don't think you're completely correct about what you said ;)

Rick [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Am I the only one in seeing the irony of MLK being between the OG?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Rick, what do you mean?

Bratsche [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

Well, here in the US, we see foreign holidays, such as the Chinese New Year and Bastille Day. Interesting to note that the foreign ones get imported, but the local, American days aren't shown to the rest of the world.

Bjorn Ruwald [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I have seen it in Denmark, not using the web accelerator.

iamdecal [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I guess it all depends how relevent they are to the rest of the world, (though i think that MLK is more relevant globaly than Bastille Day) The American Civil rights issues are considered to be too american i guess (cant see it in the UK)... I wonder who gets to decide.

BTW – i think that rick was alluding to the OG as in (http://www.google.co.uk/search?&q=Original+Gangsta)
Original Gangsta

iamdecal

Deborah Parker [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Can you tell me what Marin Luther's brother and sister name. I have reviewed several books and can't find there name. Also, what is the occupation his mother had.

w94[put at-character here]aol.com

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!