Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Spam to inbox

Patsy McQuade [PersonRank 1]

Thursday, April 15, 2010
14 years ago2,410 views

Some important mails were automatically put in the spam folder. How do I move messsages from spam to my inbox ? thanks,,,,

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Click the Spam folder. Mark the message by ticking its left-hand checkbox. Above, hit the "Not spam" button.

That'll work in that case, though if a particular type of email always lands in your spam box, try creating a filter for it that will put it in your inbox. (I had to do this with Google Analytics Intelligence Alert emails, for instance.)

Patsy McQuade [PersonRank 1]

14 years ago #

Thanks, Philipp. But there is no button on my page that says "Not Spam"! That is the kind of thing I was looking for, but there is nothing like that on my gmail page.
~~Patsy

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Please paste the URL of your spam box, just for reference (I was talking about Gmail, by the way).

ianf [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

You have to be in the Spam folder, then the "Not Spam" button will reveal itself. Like this – even in older/ standard or "basic HTML" (no JavaScript) versions of Gmail:

[Delete Forever] [Not Spam] [More Actions...] [Go]

(if it's not there, you need to quit Gmail, clear browser cache, clear cookies, relopen Gmail).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!