Google Blogoscoped

Forum

restore my original gmail

frankie [PersonRank 0]

Friday, April 16, 2010
14 years ago2,387 views

don't know if this is the right place for this but i'm desperate. my grandson w/o permission went into google and set up an email account (now he is primary) and i can't get to my account with all my stuff. i don't want to set up another acct, certainly not as a secondary acct. can anyone direct me to the right place or help.

ianf [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

I don't quite understand what you're trying to tell us, but, if what I think has happened, your grandson has set up a second Gmail account on the same computer, and now the login page comes up with his login/ account name rather than your own. Ie. no change of [your own] password or account has been made – because it'd have required retyping it in in order to do any changes to your Google Account, and he couldn't have know that, could he?

If that's what you meant, uncheck the "Remember me on this computer" checkbox underneath the login field, clear the cookies (in the browser; if you don't know how to do it, send email from arbitrary account to bill.gates[put at-character here]microsoft.com); then log in to your own account with the correct login and password. Next, educate grandson never again to touch your computer on penalty of disinheritance. Done.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!