Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Respecet for the first Advertisement in Blogoscoped!

orli yakuel [PersonRank 8]

Tuesday, January 17, 2006
18 years ago

actually i thought it looks like somting from web 2.0 ;)
and it make me want to click on it..

great for you Philipp.
:-)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Thanks Orli. FM Publishing is great to work with. Not only John Battelle, but also everyone else who works there. They even allowed me to talk to the marketers to optimize the ads for this blog layout.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I nearly click on it.. :)-

if I did would you get revenue Phillip ?

18 years ago #

Pd, the ads are based on a per-view model, not a per-click model. But naturally there's value in all of your clicks, because people also look at click-thru rates when analyzing a blog's value. That's why I'm trying to put the ads in an integrated way into the blog that still doesn't interfere with concentrated reading. For example, I prefer an ad font size that is similar to the content font size: it looks more neat (the whole blog layout looks more "like one"), and also, I believe this gives greater value to the advertisers because of higher click-thru rates. And of course, the more relevant an ad, the higher the click-rates, I guess, so I love to have ads that fit well into the tech or search sector.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I agree, Philipp. per click model does not work too well. But the click thru rates difently has value addition to it.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It's a bit sneaky adding them between your third and fourth posts on your blog's home page though! (I'm usually up-to-date with reading your posts though, so it shouldn't affect me too much...)

18 years ago #

OK Tony, thanks for that note. I changed it back. I thought if the ad is at the bottom on the homepage, not everybody sees it there, unless those who have a *lot* to catch up. But now that I think about it it's probably better with that positioning.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!