Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Wikipedia.de Shut Down  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, January 19, 2006
18 years ago

I followed / tradcked CCC in totally right from Joi Ito opening keynote. There appeared to be no mention of this in the various formums of berlin 22C3.

This is indeed gonna shake the wiki space in terms of privacy!!

Simon [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Why did you Blur out his surname....

Krusher [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I'm sure that hacker wouldn't want this. Anyway, why his parents simply didn't EDIT the article?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Krusher, I think if the majority of Wikipedians would believe that the full name should be mentioned, a single person's edit would be reverted over time. It appeared in more than just a single place, too, and at one time even in an article URL (the title of the English entry on Boris F.)... I don't think it's possible to easily remove that. So maybe the question here is... is it legally fine to mention Boris F. by his full name (which probably goes hand in hand with the question, "is he a public person?").

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Can they sames hypthosis be rendred to MLK, lenin, Hitler ?? They were all public figures too ??

Wikis are for facts ?? Its the same concept of going to a death registary and requesting that last name not be filed, so if publically collected via a motion under freedom of information, the real personal data is not culled ?? Imho, the injuction is not warranted for a shut down of a site, for a specific indidual. What may or maynot have happend to boris is not the issue. The mea cupla syndrom cannot be addressed a narrow bandwidth on a space like a wiki. Natural collarbative /community methods are/will be impacted as a larger whole.

Yes, I do respect the families wishes- but I don't accept the court order!!

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

de.wikipedia.org is the standard way of entering the site anyway (which still works, of course).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!